Modernization of Undergraduate Education Program
The Modernization of Undergraduate Education Program (PMG) is an initiative promoted by CAPES, the Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education, and the Fulbright Commission in Brazil, with the support of the National Council of Education (CNE). It contemplates an 8-year project involving the modernization of Brazilian Engineering undergraduate programs, through the cooperation with U.S. universities.
Under the scope of this program, Unisinos project aims at implementing flexible and personalized curricula for Engineering programs, which goes beyond the disciplinary vision and the classroom limits, creating a continuous training path integrated into the reality. In this sense, the project seeks to:
• expand partnerships with companies in the productive sector;
• bring classroom practices closer to Institutes of Technology;
• create space for integrating projects that encourage the generation of ideas, proposing solutions to problems and entrepreneurial actions;
• develop a virtual environment that allows the construction and individualized monitoring of the portfolio of each student;
• strengthen and broaden relations with U.S. institutions;
• implement a new curriculum to guarantee the development of the necessary competences for alumni performance in a constantly changing professional context.
Based on this, the project execution will involve work missions to the U.S. for the development of cooperation activities in the Engineering education field, as well as technical visits of U.S. scholars to conduct workshops, courses, lectures and/or seminars at Unisinos.
Engineering programs contemplated
• Prof. Dr. Gustavo Severo de Borba
• Prof. Dr. Daniel Reis Medeiros
• Prof. Dr. Uziel Cavalcanti de Medeiros Quinino
• Prof. Dr. Mauricio Mancio
• Prof. Ms. Jeferson Ost Patzlaff
• Profa. Dra. Tatiana Louise Avila de Campos Rocha
• Profa. Dra. Amanda Gonçalves Kieling
• Prof. Dr. Sandro Jose Rigo
• Ms. Léa Beatriz Dai-Prá (assistant)
• Ms. Adriano Cristian Gewehr (assistant)
» Click here to learn more about Unisinos project (PDF)
» Access Fulbright website for further information